Antonio Matos De Almeida
Antonio Matos de Almeida is a Portuguese jumping rider. He participates
at many international competitions and is the current show jumping
champion of Portugal (2015). He is in line to become a pillar of the
Born on 23/09/1981 in Viseu (Portugal)
Antonio learnt how to ride in infancy and begins to compete at age 18. He has started his professional career in 2002.
Seen as a respected rider in Portugal, Antonio is known as a fearless
and courageous person and above all very hardworking, prepared to face
Besides a great rider, he is also a riding instructor and transmits to
his students all his experience in a very simple and easy way.
According to the Portuguese Equestrian Federation, Antonio has competed with over 140 different horses.
Current top Horses
- Nikel de Presle
- Epicor da Gandarinha
- Tidelio de Nauves
- Best rider in CSIO3* - Lisbon (Portugal)
- 2nd place with Portuguese team CSIO3* - Lisbon (Portugal)
- 8th place - grand prix CSIO4* - Linz (Austria)
- 8th place at the Gold tour CSIO3* - W Celje (Slovenia)
- 1st place - grand prix CSI3* - El Jadida (Morocco)
- 1st place - Portuguese National Championship - Lisbon (Portugal)
- 7th place - Nation cup CSIO3* - Budapest (Hungary)
The Breeches Costa and the socks Badminton are two amazing products.
The breeches are extremely comfortable and soft. The socks are,
undoubtedly, the best that I have ever tried. I recommend all the
HARCOUR clothes !
An advice for riders
The best advice I can give to any rider is for them to be always humble in and outside the course.
A best memory with the horses
Winning the Portuguese Championship in 2015 was absolutely the best and most makeable victory of my career.